Sitting comfortably ??

Rob Appleby
Administrator
I really do love my Crazy Creek III seat, however it doesn't fit into all kayaks due to its size. Some folk claim it's thick base raises the centre of gravity makes a kayak more unstable. Bearing this in mind, check out the photograph below, comfortable or what!!

Check out what she's caught

Site Administrator

Re: Sitting comfortably ??

Mando
I bet the paddle barely hits the water that high up!!! Wouldn't fancy her chances when the wind gets up!

Nice turtle...........
"My wife says if I go fishing once more she'll leave me.........shame - I'll miss her"

Re: Sitting comfortably ??

remy4u97
The coosa in the photo handles just fine in wind. the seat has this high setting and a low setting. As far as seats raising center of gravity, I think it really depends on which yak your using. 1 or 2 inches should barely make a difference in most fishing yaks unless your in a very narrow one like a Dorado.
Better to be up the creek without a paddle than go through life without a clue!

Re: Sitting comfortably ??

Rob Appleby
Administrator
Interesting, I've never heard of the Coosa kayak and I'd assumed the seat was a one off design. Having now done a little research I was clearly wrong!

Check it out here: Coosa Jackson Kayak

Having looked at the photos on that site it's clearly extremely stable... learn something new every day!
Site Administrator

Re: Sitting comfortably ??

remy4u97
yes Jackson is a whitewater yak company and this is their venture into fishing.

Coosa in the rapids;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDfxujI38ek

Promo;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-1nq7m97lo&feature=related

Kayakfishing magazine has a couple for review, should be out soon if not already.

Also Wilderness Systems just announced 2012 Ride 115, This was made to compete with the coosa :)

11.5 feet standup yak!

on the adventure I use the Hobie I-comfort air seat over top normal pad with no stabilty issues. With The Tarpon 160 I use small square self inflating camp pad from LLbean. Nothing wrong with a little more cushion on my old bum :)
Better to be up the creek without a paddle than go through life without a clue!

Re: Sitting comfortably ??

Rob Appleby
Administrator
I've watched a few utube videos of the Coosa now, and I have to be honest, it's quite impressive!. I'll be looking into some more, quite versatile.

Yup, I'm with you on a decent seat. I'm using the Crazy Creek III seat, sure the cushion is thick but it's way more comfy than the standard Ocean seat. I'm probably going to purchase a 2nd kayak next year, I'll be looking to buy another after market seat, perhaps something totally different.. though comfort will be top of the requirements
Site Administrator

Re: Sitting comfortably ??

remy4u97
best rated seat in the states;
http://www.surftosummit.com/gts-kayak-seats-gts-expedition-c-299_294.html?osCsid=74spkkep9csc3et4er79ef3bl1
Better to be up the creek without a paddle than go through life without a clue!

Re: Sitting comfortably ??

Rob Appleby
Administrator
They were actually top of my list!  , I've read some good feedback about them.
Site Administrator