Rob, question about the YakAttack Pan Fism camera mount

Rob, question about the YakAttack Pan Fism camera mount

PooHunter
Hey, I really like what you had to write up about the gear tracs and the camera mounts. I am looking at redoing the mounting system on my yak and would like a little advice. I am mainly looking at adding a camera mount for my "new" GoPro Hero. Normally I would be using the scotty system, but I would like to convert over to the Mighty Mounts and the Gear Trac. Here in Houston, there are places that offer these but they do not have them in stock so I can not figure out what all I would need. Could you give me some advice as to what I would need to get my camera mounted, as far as the Mighty Mounts all the way to the camera (which I have). Any help would be appreciated. I will need to order everything since ACK and other stores do not have them in stock. Thanks..

Steve

Oh, by the way, I have the Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.7. I plan on mounting the GoPro Behind me and then another one in front.

Re: Rob, question about the YakAttack Pan Fism camera mount

Rob Appleby
Administrator
Hi Steve
I'm just trying to familiarise myself with the 4.7, I've only seen one up close on a couple of occasions. I pulled a couple of images of the web to look at mounting options.

Have you got any photos as to how you currently have your kayak rigged??. If you have a fishfinder/GPS fitted it'll potentially limit your mounting options.

Up front, you could choose a location to fit a mighty mount and attach a PanFish Portrait to that. If you look at my articles you'll see I've configured a DogBone/Mighty Mount close to my seat which provides huge flexibilty. You may want to look into positioning a setup such as that up front, it's another option. The both have the Mighty Mount in common, either is a quick and simple installation.

As for behind, you could mount a short length of GearTrac as I did. I'm not sure that the 28" Panfish mount will give you sufficient height in that position, you'd have to take some measurements. People have used a piece of PVC pipe to achieve additional height where required.

I you have any photos of your kayak rigged up, especially any close up photos of the cockpit and tankwell areas please post them up, it'd be very helpful to see what space you currently have available.

Site Administrator