Oxwich Bay

superfly_nz
A pic from Oxwich Bay, Wales.

My first kayak, a Feelfree Apollo, think they only ever sold them in New Zealand. And probably only ever sold one (to me), which I shipped out with myself to the UK.
Newbury, Berkshire

"A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work".

Re: Oxwich Bay

Rob Appleby
Administrator
One of these ??

How do you find it ??
Site Administrator

Re: Oxwich Bay

superfly_nz
For my first fishing kayak, it was just what I needed. Priced well below most of the fishing kayaks at the time (2006), it came with a rudder, and that pod you see on the back, which provided a decent dry storage area, big enough to fit a small tent, sleeping bag and whatever else for a day's fishing/camping.

The kayak itself was 13feet long, an inch or two wider than my current OK Trident 13, so very stable. It also tracked well, with the bow shaped nicely for cutting through the waves.

Sold it 2 years ago to fund my current Trident 13. I'll always remember my first

A couple of pics of it.

and fully rigged

If you ever come across one in the UK, it was probably mine