Lightweight trailer

Rob Appleby
Administrator
A couple of years ago a mate of mine knocked this up from a motorcycle trailer.

Little modification work was required and it seemed very effective!. I reckon as long as the kayak hull is suitably supported you could leave a rigged kayak on there in the garage ready to go. Once home after a session, hose it off and wheel it back in...  thoughts??
Site Administrator

Re: Lightweight trailer

maghouse
That is a great idea Rob - has a lot going for it ...

Storage would be the only issue but would fit in a normal garage fine I reckon ...

A cover might be a good idea, stop everything flapping about in the wind etc and the locals taking a fancy to the GPS at traffic lights - I have a seen a 'topper cover that could be ideal ...

The Jet ski trailer is a good alternative - I like the rollers they use - wonder if it would deform the hull as they are quite small although I do leave mine on a CTug in the garage without problems.

Oh yeah I need a tow bar